Leg Lift Crawl
This exercise strengthens your back and abdomen muscles.
- Positioned on hands and knees, place your hands directly under your shoulders and straighten your arms.
- Tighten your belly muscles by pulling in your belly button toward your spine. Be sure you continue to breathe normally, and do not hold your breath.
- Lift your left knee and bring it toward your elbow.
- Slowly extend your leg behind you without completely straightening it. Be careful not to let your hip drop down. Avoid arching your back.
- Hold your leg behind you for about 6 seconds.
- Return to your starting position.
- Do the same exercise with your other leg.
Repeat 8 to 12 times for each leg.
Current as of: March 9, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine