Meet other new moms and talk about the joys and challenges of motherhood. You’ll not only gain confidence and support, but you’ll offer it to others as well. It’s usually best to attend when your baby is between three weeks and five months old. For the health and safety of all babies, siblings and older children are not able to accompany moms. Please arrange for childcare.
Every eight weeks we predictably cover:
- The ins and outs of infant care, such as feeding, crying and fussiness, sleep patterns, illness, and immunizations.
- Emotional issues such as how all-consuming caring for a baby can be, when and where to get help, and how to take care of you and your baby's needs.
- Whether or not to return to work: childcare, being a full time mom, and the feelings involved in these decisions.
- Relationships with partners, grandparents, co-workers, and friends without children.
- Self-identity, body image, sexuality, and maternal emotions.
- Your baby's developmental health and well-being, including vision and reading, dental care needs, hearing, speech and language development, infant massage, and major milestones.
This group meets every Thursday from 10:30 a.m to noon.
Registration is not required. Please call (208) 381-9000 or (208) 381-1510 for more information.
- This group is located at 211 Main Street (directly behind 209 Main).
- Please bring items necessary to care for your baby during class (i.e., diaper bag).
- Please find childcare for older siblings.