At St. Luke's Children's Hospital, your child's health, safety, and security are our top priorities. We want you and your child to be as comfortable as possible during your stay. Whatever your child's age—from infant to pre-teen to young adult—our doctors, nurses, and other dedicated caregivers are ready to provide the special attention and care you and your child need.
We encourage you to be an active participant in your child's care. Please talk with your doctor or nurse if you have any questions or concerns during your stay. We’re all dedicated to your child's health and recovery.
Easing Your Child's Fears
A stay in the hospital can be unsettling, no matter how old you are. But for children, it can be particularly stressful. Child Life specialists work to ease this stress by providing emotional and developmental support to patients, their siblings, and their families.
Child Life specialists also provide pre-surgery tours for children and their parents. Taking the tour can make a surgical procedure seem less scary to your child, and can ease your worry as well. A pre-surgery tour video
is also available for viewing online.
Learn more about our Child Life program
Ensuring Your Child's Security
Please be prepared to present photo identification and your child's insurance information during your stay:
- To protect you and your child against possible identity theft
- To protect you and your child against innocent but mistaken identity
- To ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations protecting the security of patient information, including the Federal Trade Commission's "Red Flags" rule
- To help ensure proper identification of the patient to facilitate proper care now and in the future
- To ensure proper billing of insurance