MyChart Video Visit Availability
MyChart video visits are available at most of our clinics. To see if a video visit is an option for your next visit, please call your St. Luke's Clinic.
Prepare for Your MyChart Video Visit
We look forward to connecting with you for your video visit. Please follow these steps to ensure your visit goes smoothly.
- Confirm that you have a MyChart account and that you're able to log in.
- All video visits take place using MyChart. You must have a MyChart account set up before your scheduled appointment.
- If you need a myChart account, please signup online or call 208-381-9000 for assistance in creating one. Please allow time for set up! It's a quick process, but it will help to take care of this well in advance of your scheduled video visit.
- If the video visit is for a child under the age of 14, the parent or guardian must have a MyChart account and proxy access to the child’s medical record before the scheduled video visit. Learn how to set up proxy access.
- If you are between 14 and 17 years of age, you can login to your own MyChart account to join your video visit. Please be aware that you may not be able to consent to your own treatment under state law and additional registrations steps may be required prior to your video visit.
- Ensure you have both a camera and microphone for your video visit.
- You may use a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone for your appointment. We recommend using a tablet or smartphone, as they offer a better user experience and most of these devices already have an appropriate camera and microphone setup.
- If you choose to use a desktop computer or laptop, a microphone and Adobe Flash player are required.
- If you intend to use a tablet or smartphone for your video visit, download the MyChart and VidyoConnect mobile apps, if you don't have them installed on your device already. Both apps are available through the Apple App store and Google Play store, and both are required for video visits on a tablet or smartphone. If you already have both apps, please make sure they are updated to the most current version for the best experience.
- If you intend to use a desktop computer or laptop, use Google Chrome or Firefox on a Windows computer or Safari on a Mac computer. Then, download the VidyoConnect desktop app for the best experience.
- Test your device to ensure you’re ready for your video visit. You will be guided through a series of steps to test your device (you will be prompted to download the VidyoConnect app, if you skipped this in step 3 or 4 above).
If you would like these instructions in a step-by-step video guide please see our video below.
What to Look for in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
This slideshow walks you through the video visit process, showing screen shots of the various steps you'll need to follow within MyChart to activate your video visit.